Cloudmark Server Edition
Cloudmark Server Edition (CSE) is a lightweight anti-spam plug-in for Microsoft Exchange that provides high-accuracy, real-time protection against spam, phishing, and email-borne viruses. With its ease of installation and low maintenance, CSE can reduce help desk calls, mailbox storage costs, and system management requirements.
- Cloudmark Server Edition communicates with the Microsoft Exchange Server through Microsoft's standard Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI). It receives notifications when messages arrive, then checks the messages and performs preconfigured actions on messages that are spam, phishing, or viruses.
- Compute Fingerprints. When new messages arrive, CSE computers a unique "fingerprint" for each one and sends these to Cloudmark for evaluation. During this period, Exchange continues routing messages without interruption.
- Verdict. When Cloudmark receives fingerprints from CSE, it compares them with those of messages already known to be spam or phishing. If a match is found, Cloudmark notifies CSE.
- Action. When spam, phishing, or viruses are found, they are automatically tagged or moved to a spam folder. You can configure this action.
- End-User Feedback. End users can contest the status of a message by moving it into or out of the spam folder. CSE reports this feedback to Cloudmark, where it is used to re-evaluate how messages with similar fingerprints are filtered. CSE can re-scan mailboxes periodically to apply the latest end-user feedback.