Office 365 Support
Home page > Services > Office 365 Support
Northern Star is a leading provider of Cloud based IT Services and one of our key services is Office 365 from Microsoft Online Services. Our unique services and solutions will help you get the most out of Microsoft Cloud Services.
We offer a competitive range of IT Support services available from our Help Desk and delivered by your own dedicated and highly trained Account Managers who are able to provide on-site or remote assistance to any IT problem you have. Our specialists are also able to make you understand the difference between Office365 vs Google apps. See what our customers say.
If you are a new customer we offer a Free Office 365 Support Call to test and try out our IT Support Service. Click here to log your Free Support Call.
Northern Star is your Cloud authority – we have:
- successfully sold 1000's of users in Microsoft's cloud
- experience in migrating your existing systems & data into the cloud
- 1,000's of satisfied supported users in Microsoft's Cloud
- Microsoft require end users to get support through partners not directly
- Northern Star is able to support both end users and IT Managers
- Proven ability to work with Microsoft to resolve complex migration & support issues
- Accredited Technicians in Office 365 and other Microsoft Cloud & On Premise technologies
- low cost fixed price migration & support packages to get you into the cloud
- Microsoft Cloud Accelerate Partner
Office 365 for Small Business Support – Need additional help & support – Microsoft only provide limited support to IT professionals via self help and communities. Northern Star provides support to IT Professionals and End Users via access to highly trained professional technicians experienced in all aspects of Office 365 for Small Business.
You can also find more about benefits of office365 here and how 365 can help business improve productivity here.
Telephone, Remote & On-Site Support is available with a 2 hour SLA at a fixed monthly fee.
Office 365 for Enterprises Support – Need additional help & support – Microsoft only provide limited support to IT professionals via the service portal. Northern Star provides support to IT Professionals and End Users via access to highly trained professional technicians experienced in all aspects of Office 365 for Enterprises.
Telephone, Remote & On-Site Support is available with a 2 hour SLA from a fixed monthly fee.
Examples of how business use - Microsoft Office365
Microsoft Office 365 is ideal for businesses, ranging from small companies to large organisations. It can be installed in seconds and you can get updates automatically. It allows you to work on your Office files online or offline. Office 365 offers access to productive Office tools, enterprise grade email, conferencing and many other IT services from virtually anywhere.
Businesses can use Microsoft Office 365 to improve their efficiency, conserve resources and serve their customers better. Here are some examples of how businesses use Microsoft Office 365.
- Johnson Controls Gains Access to the Best Talents for Each Project with Office 365
Johnson Controls gains access to the best talent all over the world and brings them together for each project with the help of Office 365. Office 365 includes web based versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, SharePoint, Lync and communication tools. It brings cloud based reliability and accessibility to the Office applications. Office 365 allowed Johnson Controls to use cloud based email, SharePoint and Lync easily, which help them to get their key employees having seamless access to documents and work on them from any location.
- Carolina Realty Group Reduces IT Costs
Carolina Realty Group has 27 employees, which required a cost effective way to access tools for email management and file sharing. They were also interested in providing agents with access to updated client contact and property listing information from anywhere. Microsoft Office 365 offers a complete set of communication and productivity tools to them for a reasonable monthly subscription fee. Using Office 365 helps them save around £30,000 in IT costs. It also enables them to help agents to provide better client service.
By moving to Office 365, businesses no longer need local servers, which not only help eliminate significant capital outlay and the cost of regular hardware updates, but also eliminates the cost of power and cooling and human resources cost of allocating the task of backing up and maintaining systems to a valuable employee.
Microsoft Office365 FAQs
- What is Microsoft Office 365? How is it different from MS Office?
Microsoft Office 365 is a subscription based suite of services that provides access to various software and services built around the Microsoft platform. Many MS Office 365 plans come with the desktop version of the latest Office applications that can be installed by the user across various computers. The MS Office 365 plans are online only, so they are ideal for specific business needs. They are compatible with the latest Office versions, Office 2007, Office 2010 and Office 2011 and 2008 for Mac. You need to pay monthly or an annual subscription for using MS Office 365 plans. Business plans for Office 365 provide access to cloud hosted versions of Office’s server platforms including browser based Office Web apps, Lync and SharePoint.
Microsoft Office refers to renowned software that includes applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook and Power point. As the licensing is on a per user basis. they can be installed on up to 5 PCs.
- Do I Need an Internet Connection when Using Office 365?
Yes, an Internet connection is required for installing and activating Office 365 plans and managing your subscription account. You also need internet connectivity to access cloud productivity services offered by Office 365, such as IT management and email conferencing. Many office 365 plans, including Office 365 Enterprise E3 and Mid Sized Business include the desktop version as well. This helps you to work offline and provides you with the convenience of getting all your work to sync automatically the next time you connect to the internet. Hence, you need not worry about your documents being up to date.
- What Do I Need To Install Office 365?
You need not install anything to use Office 365. To connect your desktop version of the latest Office version easily, Microsoft offers an installable piece of software- Office Desktop Setup for free. The software piece detects essential updates automatically and installs them upon approval. It uninstalls itself from your computer after running. The Office Desktop Setup can be found in the administration center of your Office 365.
- Is Office 365 Scalable?
Yes, Microsoft Office 365 is highly scalable and it can support any number of users. You can choose the plan, according to the number of persons in your company.
- Office 365 Small Business plan is ideal for companies having 10 to 25 employees.
- Office 365 Midsize Business is the best for companies having around 250 employees.
- Office 365 Enterprise plan is suitable for organisations that range in size, from one person to 50,000 or more users.
- Is Office 365 compatible with Mac?
- Office 365 supports PCs running Windows 7 or higher and Mac running OS 10.6 or higher.
- How to Check Office 365 is available in my Country?
- Microsoft Office 365 is offered in numerous countries and languages. You can check whether your country’s name is available in the dropdown list on the signup page.
- Can I Switch to some other Office 365 Plan?
- You can change your account within plan families. For instance, if you Office 365 Small Business plan, you can switch to Small Business Premium Plan. However, you cannot change to some other plan family like Office 365 Enterprise E1.
Call Northern Star sales on 0800 3196032 or email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.