Mimecast's online Continuity service delivers 100% email uptime to your business by simply connecting your email server to the Mimecast Service. This means that your users can work uninterrupted in the event of any email outage.
Even in a catastrophic outage, Mimecast enables work to continue:
- Access new incoming email that can't yet be delivered to your primary email servers
- Read, reply, forward from your personal email archive
- Create new messages
- Run rapid searches and access historic email (up to 10 years of data)
- During an email server outage, or network failure the Mimecast service automatically queues new email for Microsoft Exchange.
- Mimecast then delivers this email to a disaster recovery inbox that can easily be accessed by either webmail or through Outlook.
- Users then have access to new email before its delivery to the mail server.
- Once Exchange is back up and running, all queued email and any new email created during the outage is delivered to the mail server